Recovery Superstars

Inner Resource: Shaking

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

If you are worried about looking silly, try it when no one is home and close your eyes.  No one is watching (:

Toni
      Participant

i typed “planet drum” into pandora and started dancing and hooting like a maniac to the afro/cuban/tribal drum beats that they were playing. it was great fun, i was grinning and laughing and surprisingly i got a catch in my throat and tears welled up. i got areal senser of freedom and it was so good to feel rhythm in my body again.

yours Toni

Toni
      Participant

also i wanted to tell you about TRE Trauma releasing Exercise, it uses the bodies natural reaction to trauma, ie. shaking, to release old trauma. like when a zebra gets away from a lion, they will tremble or skake for a while and then go on about their business. or your dog shaking during a thunderstorm. you can check it out at. http://www.traumareleaseexercises.com.au/

yours Toni

Love it Toni!

Jewelle
      Participant

I’ve had that kind of music on my computer for years and I’ve forgotten how much I like it! I used to dance more and for the last several years have hardly ever danced. 🙁 It was relaxing to me, I felt very connected in my feet. I did it just before bed and I expect I will sleep well. Nite nite…

Jewelle
      Participant

Yes yes Toni, an Aussie friend of mine brought that to our community in Utah. We called it breath work and I really enjoyed it. I love experiential learning! Thanks for the link.

Great! Each week we’ll do another one of these. I encourage you to spend a few minutes doing it every day.  It’ll be different every time ~ a great practice to practice.

Jennifer
      Participant

Hah! That was great! Closing my eyes was an important detail for me – helped turn off (or at least turn down) my inner, highly critical, observer, the one that’s there to make me self-conscious even when there’s nobody else around.

Judy
      Participant

I had to laugh at myself, in my bedroom, door locked (even though I’m home alone!), still had to close my eyes. This was great fun. But then I realized I was just dancing, having a great time. No wonder I like to dance. We go dancing with friends probably once a month, many times more. I always have a great time. It’s an endorphin and epinephrine boost!

Yes! You get to have fun!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.